Obtaining Effective Patents For California Inventors
At Costello Law Corporation, our attorneys take the time to get to know you and your invention when originating your patent application. We know that an in-depth understanding of your invention is essential to obtaining an effective patent.
For quality advice regarding your intellectual property and personal attention in obtaining a patent, contact Costello Law Corporation in Sacramento. We have helped countless clients obtain patents for their valuable ideas.
Personally Guiding You Through the Patent Process
It is important for inventors to know how the patent process works; what phase their patent is in and how much protection their product has at any given time. Our dedicated patent lawyers will personally guide you through every step of the patent application process.
- Patent searching: We use extensive research methods, far above and beyond searching the national registry, to make sure that our client’s invention is new, original and not obvious.
- Drafting your patent: After gaining an in-depth understanding of every element of your invention, we draft a patent application (or multiple applications) on behalf of our clients.
- Filing a patent: We file your patent with the United States Patent and Trademark office, and wait for approval.
- Patent pending: The patent pending phase can last from 18 months to three years. During this time, you can begin to sell your product. In fact, we encourage you to do so.
- Enforcing your patent: We can represent you in enforcing your patent rights against infringement.
- Licensing your patent: We can help you craft a license that will result in you being paid royalties for allowing a manufacturer to make, use and sell your invention.
Contact us to learn more about how we can help you through the patent application process.